***This page is no longer updated – Visit my NEW mods site at mods.girlplaysgame.com!***
The days of ugly Femshep helmet head are over, rejoice! Here are the hair mods I’ve made for Mass Effect 3, basically just hair ported from the Sims (credit). Instructions to install included in each .rar file and also at the bottom of this post.
If you use these mods, please consider donating to girlplaysgame.com – I love being able to provide all these mods to you guys for free but I could really use some help maintaining the site. Thanks for your support!
Download all my mods here.
1. Glam Hair
Shepard has never looked so great! IMHO, this was how Shep was always meant to look. :)
2. Miles Away Hair
Glamourazzi alert! You better bet if my Femshep is going on a date, she’s gonna get her hair did …
3. Wavy Hair
Another wavy hairstyle for Shep, because even with the reapers attacking, she still wants to look amazing.
4. Lake Hair
Channeling her inner Veronica Lake with the long hair and the curled ends. My personal favorite mod :)
5. Mila Hair
This reminds me of Mila Jovovich’s hair in the Resident Evil movies … sexy! A more practical (but still cute) for all those combat situations Shep seems to get into …
6. Peggy Braid
Get a messy braid for your Femshep that says “I care but not too much” :P
7. Sunset Hair
Shepard is such goddamn perfection in this hair I just can’t.
8. Combat Ponytail
There are some transparencies with this hair in certain scenes for light hair. If you have a dark-haired Shepard, this mod should be OK.
9. Fishtail Braid
So fresh and so clean. Looks great with vibrant colors :)
10. Paragon Scarring
Replace the red renegade scarring with some blue paragon scarring! I can easily make other colors available as well – let me know!
Included in .rar:
I included the PSK file for anyone who wants to mess with it in 3DS Max, but otherwise, you won’t need it. The .upk file is required if you want to replace a particular hair mesh. The .pcc file is required if you just want an easy, quick install.
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR BIOG_HMF_HIR_PRO.pcc FILE BEFORE YOU START IN CASE YOU MESS UP.
Easy Instructions (using .pcc):
- Paste the BIOG_HMF_HIR_PRO.pcc into your game’s CookedPCConsole folder (BioGame\CookedPCConsole).
- Skip to Step 8 under Manual Instructions!
Manual Instructions (using .udk):
- Open ME3 Explorer.
- Open Meshplorer (Developer Tools > Mesh > Meshplorer)
- Load the PCC (File > Load PCC )
- Open the BIOG_HMF_HIR_PRO.pcc file located in your game’s CookedPCConsole folder (BioGame\CookedPCConsole).
- Click on the hair you want to replace – HMF_HIR_PROJessica_MDL. (You can replace other hairs but they can cause crashing issues so unless you’re experienced, just follow my instructions exactly).
- Go to Transfer > Import UDK … a new window will open. Go to File > Open UDK package and select the .UPK file.
- Click on the file that appears in the left window and then LOD 0 should appear in the right window. Click on LOD 0 and then go to Import LOD. A little popup should say “Done” after. Now you can close Meshplorer.
- Go to Tools > Tocbinupdater in ME3 Explorer.
- Go to File > Check PCTocbin and select your PCConsoleTOC.bin file located under your game’s BioGame folder.
- It should find an update and a popup will ask you if you want to update it – click yes.
OK YOU’RE DONE WITH ME3 EXPLORER!
NOW OPEN UP GIBBED.
Follow these directions to edit your hair in Gibbed using this information:
OK NOW YOU’RE DONE WITH GIBBED!
ONE MORE STEP!
12. Open Texmod and load the .tpf (detailed instructions for complete n00bs here)
RUN THE GAME FROM TEXMOD AND YOUR SHEP SHOULD HAVE GORGEOUS HAIR!
If you use these mods, please consider donating to girlplaysgame.com – I love being able to provide all these mods to you guys for free but I could really use some help maintaining the site. Thanks for your support! :)