Included in zip:
XXXX.upk (optional for manual install)
Resources folder (this is a modder’s resource – you will not need these files if you are doing an install of this mod)
I included the Resources folder for anyone who wants to mess with the mod in 3DS Max, but otherwise, you won’t need it. The .upk file is required if you want to replace a particular hair mesh. The .pcc file is required if you just want an easy, quick install.
****MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR BIOG_HMM_HIR_PRO_R.pcc FILE BEFORE YOU START IN CASE YOU MESS UP.****
Easy Instructions (using .pcc):
1. Paste the BIOG_HMM_HIR_PRO_R.pc into your game’s CookedPCConsole folder (BioGameCookedPCConsole).
2. Skip to Step 8 under Manual Instructions!
Manual Instructions (using .psk):
1. Open ME3 Explorer.
2. Open Meshplorer (Developer Tools > Mesh > Meshplorer)
3. Load the PCC (File > Load PCC )
4. Open the BIOG_HMM_HIR_PRO_R.pcc file located in your game’s CookedPCConsole folder (BioGameCookedPCConsole).
5. Click on the hair you want to replace – HMM_HIR_Fsk_MDL. (You can replace other hairs but they can cause crashing issues so unless you’re experienced, just follow my instructions exactly).
6. Go to Transfer > Import from UDK … a new window will open. Import the .udk file.
7. A little popup should say “Done” after. Now you can close Meshplorer.
8. Go to Tools > Tocbinupdater in ME3 Explorer.
9. Go to File > Check PCTocbin and select your PCConsoleTOC.bin file located under your game’s BioGame folder.
10. It should find an update and a popup will ask you if you want to update it – click yes.
OK YOU’RE DONE WITH ME3 EXPLORER!
NOW OPEN UP GIBBED.
Hair Mesh: BIOG_HMM_HIR_PRO_R.Hair_FormalSpikes.HMM_HIR_Fsk_MDL
Hair_Diff & Hair_Mask: None
Note: Some hairstyles will look fine in most cutscenes but there can be weird transparency issues during combat. This has to do with the Hair_Diff and Hair_Mask you choose in Gibbed. You can “fix” it by setting Hair_Diff and Hair_Mask to BIOG_HMM_HED_PROMorph.KaiLeng.HMM_HED_PROKaiLeng_Hair_Diff – this will make the hair look opaque in combat, but it will make the hair look ugly during cutscenes. You can play around with the Hair_Diff and Hair_Mask in Gibbed to try and find a better solution – the transparency issues have nothing to do with the mod texture or mesh itself, so good luck
OK NOW YOU’RE DONE WITH GIBBED!
ONE MORE STEP!
12. Open Texmod and load the .tpf (detailed instructions for complete n00bs here)
RUN THE GAME FROM TEXMOD AND YOUR SHEP SHOULD HAVE GORGEOUS HAIR!
If you use this mod, please consider donating to girlplaysgame.com – I will always provide mods to everyone for free but I could really use some help maintaining the site servers. Thanks for your support!